Saturday, October 13, 2012

Regardless, Love Them Anyways

   My friendship with Emily has definitely been a difficult one. Here is a little bit of our background. We've been friends for years, maybe not the closest friends, but always affiliated through the same group of friends. 
When I was married she was one of the few friends I saw and even that was rare. She was the first person I told about my divorce and it was in the temple the day after I had decided. She dated TJ for a moment, which was kind of weird when I let myself actually think about it, but really, who am I to keep tabs on him when I didn't want him? So I supported it. After that, how I lived my life started to change & Emily didn't always agree with it. We started to bump heads & secretly I started to highly dislike the girl. I thought to myself, "This girl doesn't offer me anything." 

I was COMPLETELY WRONG. 


   Tonight we went to the Haunted Circus and afterwards we talked until 2am. While on most things we agreed to disagree, it was nice to finally sit down and talk all of our feelings out. Every person in our life has something to offer us whether we want to see it or not. My pride was the barrier to this friendship. There is no right, there is no wrong, just different. There are some people we will just click with, and some people we have to work a little harder to find common ground. Regardless, we love those people anyways because this life is about progression. We need all different kinds of people to do that in order to learn. 

   Whether it be Emily, or someone else, there is always someone that is going to see life a little differently. That is the great thing about agency. We get the opportunity to choose. To choose individuality. What I can do is look for the best in those people and not criticize everything that they do or belief, and just accept that is the path for them and I GENUINELY hope that it works and brings all the happiness in the love to them. 

And when all else fails, love them regardless. 

Love always wins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment