Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Count to Ten

It has been a few days since I put all my thoughts in here. Maybe that's why it has been so crappy the last little while. Today was kind of my breaking point. I don't cry too often anymore out of my own personally sadness. I cry ALL THE TIME when I hear/watch a inspiration story or watch a love story too great to replicate, but tears because I am sad or mad hasn't happened in a REALLY LONG TIME. 


But today, it happened.

I spent the morning in class (Social Work classes, which means I am therapy every Tuesday & Thursday mornings for 3 hours) and came to a realization of a few problems I have. TRUST being one of them. Why? I don't know. I guess that is where I will have to dig deep. 
Then I went to work and a very kind hearted co-worker (saying nice things in hopes it changes my attitude), who happens to have very extreme views, decided to hop into a discussion with me for 2 hours on corporal punishment that agitated me beyond belief. I kept my cool until I got to the car to head home and then started hysterically bawling. For the 10 minute car ride I started naming all the things I am grateful for. 
1. Socks (I wasn't wearing any at the time & desperately love them)
2. My car, because their are so many people who don't one
3. A warm home to go home to, because some don't have that privilege
4. Loving parents who are my anchors & give free therapy sessions when needed 
5. My phone that gives me the ability to text/contact those at a moments notice for relief from a intense situation
6. The opportunity to go to school & pursue something I am truly passionate about
7. Bubble baths with floating candles. 
8. Sisters who always lighten the mood & let you cry it all out
9. A job, because their are many that don't have one
10. My sense of humor, because it makes life bearable

By the time I got home I was laughing. Yes, by myself. Then I walked into the house to two kick ass parents who gave me a free 30 minute therapy session before I was out the door again. 

While it was a long day and I don't want to have a day like this in a long while, I know that there are many out in the world that have more strenuous, life-altering circumstances that are incomparable to mine. 


Counting my blessings today because I obviously needed to be reminded.  

No comments:

Post a Comment