Friday, June 13, 2014

'The' Story, Ps. I'm Engaged!

My favorite story of everyone's is how they met their partner in crime. Why? Well, I guess I find it fascinating how the universe brings two people together, that are suppose to be together.

Rob and I met on Tinder. Embarrassing, I know. If you don't know what that it is, thank heavens.

Before I met Rob:
I had just gone through a very rough time and decided to focus on myself. I dived deep into school, work and traveling. I had put serious dating on a definite hiatus.

I dated here and there, but I didn't find any legitimate interest to keep anyone around. Truthfully, I wasn't ready and slightly terrified. And if there is anything I have learned from my past experiences, you have to be ready. You can't except someone else to love you, when you don't fully love yourself. I was learning how to do that all over again.

I took that year and a half to just be me. I did whatever I wanted. It was nice, and slightly wild, but looking back I needed it desperately.

After Rob and I matched on Tinder, we started texting at first. What I loved more than anything, he never 'tapped on my glass.' He wasn't always trying to talk to me throughout the day or showering me with compliments, he was just cool and collected all the time.

Finally after weeks of building up the courage and a GIANT push from one of my best friends, I finally asked him to hangout. It was 1:00 AM and there I was asking a stranger to hangout. Yes, it was dangerous. Yes, I was stupid. And yes, I will punish my children if they ever do the same.

However, I am so glad I did. We talked until the wee hours of the morning. I left around 4 or 5 AM completely giddy.

Literally from that night, we have been together almost every night. Not kidding.

Oh, and now we are engaged! Over a year of being together and we'll finally tying in the knot in June of 2015.

Ps. Engagement story to come..

No comments:

Post a Comment