Friday, November 7, 2014

$5 Tuesday

I haven't wrote much lately, which is never a good thing. But here I am, trying to make up for it.

What's funny is that I often sit down to write, and all my stories that are worth talking about are about Rob and I or things we do together. I kept thinking to myself that it might get overwhelming or annoying to read back on, but then I realized this is my life.

He is the most important part.

He's the beginning and the end and everything in between. He is who I want to spend my time with, he is the one that puts me in my place. He sees me at my worst and my best. Every day he get to choose to love me regardless of my imperfections and immaturities. And fortunately, I have a lot of those so it definitely keeps things interesting.

Either way, every day we wake up and try to conquer the day together. Now, I am no relationship expert, but something that I have gathered from watching other successful relationships, my own experiences or books that I have read, is that it is so important to continue dating and courting each other until the end.

Rob and I have almost been together two years, so we aren't the greatest example of longevity yet. However, we like to date each other... A LOT.

Every Tuesday, you'll find us at the movie theater. We love movies, and especially when it only costs us $5. I mean, who wouldn't? The last 3 weeks have been some of the best movies I have seen in a long, long time. They are totally worth seeing, so I must mention them.

The Judge- Please go see this. It is such a great reminder of the importance of family, despite not seeing eye-to-eye. Now, there are lots of  f words, but other than that, don't mind the rated R. Rob and I left crying. This is very normal for me, but this as very out of the ordinary for Rob. He immediately called his parents and told them he loved them in the parking lot.

Fury- World War II is my favorite and this film shed light on the horror of the Holocaust in a way I had never seen. I have watched endless movies and documentaries on the Holocaust, and this one is now at the top of my list. It is extremely gory and very violent, but unfortunately, it was a reality of World War II. It is very well made and has phenomenal actors in it.

The Good Lie- This one was a complete surprise. I had no idea what this movie was about, but my parents and Rob's parents both recommended it. They also both suggested bringing a box of tissues. They were right. I sobbed. This film was so touching in so many ways. It made me grateful for all that I have, but it also reminded me why it is so important to help. No matter how big or small our efforts are, there are always people that need help.

$5 Tuesday is just one of the ways that Rob and I continue to date each other. And I highly suggest it to anyone. It is at all Megaplex theaters for any theater type. We like to pretend we are ritzy and go to the VIP theater or IMAX theater. I mean, it's $5!!! Who wouldn't?

We also love food, especially cheeseburgers, so going out on Thursday nights for to grab dinner makes our bellies full and our hearts even fuller.

That's all for now.



1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that they offered $5 dollar movie Tuesdays! Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete